Jon has been a mobile architect for a long time, and the conversation today was awesome, touching on:
- How Jon made the transition from retail store manager to enterprise mobility architect.
- How "mobile people" can pick intentional topics to learn about to advance their careers.
- Why Jon loves VMware Identity Manager and hates the name change to Workspace ONE Access.
- Where VMware Workspace ONE Access really shines.
- What "real" single sign-on (SSO) is, and how it's more than just having one username and password to remember.
- Why it's important to have your own website. (hint: It's the your portfolio!)
- The fact that Brian is not, as it turns out, able to part the Red Sea.
- The importance of understanding the back-end architecture of how the things you're building really work.
- What Jon is most excited about for VMworld 2019 next week.
If you don't know Jon, you really should check out his blog. Here are some of the articles & posts we mentioned during the show: