Earlier this month, Gabe was at Microsoft Ignite in Orlando while Brian was at VMworld 2019 in Barcelona. We covered all the EUC announcements from Barcelona on the last show, so this week we're digging into the various EUC announcements Microsoft made at Ignite, as well as what they mean for VMware.
Specific topics included:
- What exactly is Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktops (WVD)
- How VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure will soon support the features of Windows Virtual Desktop.
- An overview of Microsoft's "App Attach" technology & announcement (based on FSLogix technology which is where Gabe worked when Microsoft acquired them last year).
- Microsoft's surprising announcement about comanagement as a destination, and the combination of SCCM + Intune which will be called Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) moving forward.
- VMware's announcement about a feature version of Workspace ONE UEM for Microsoft Endpoint Manager customers.
- How VMware Workspace ONE UEM for Microsoft Endpoint Manager will work and integrate with MEM.
Of note this week is we did not have any retractions to announce from our prior show. (We're unsure if that means we're getting better or simply no one is listening.)